The BDMAT trust, governors and staff of St George's Church of England Primary School fully recognise our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We are committed to working together with other agencies to ensure arrangements are in place within our school to identify, assess and support any children who may be at risk of harm. Our Pastoral Team regularly offers early support and signposting for our children and families. St George's Church of England Primary School understands that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Our policy offers detailed guidance. Everyone who comes into contact with children, their families and carers has a role to play in keeping children safe.
St George’s Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. We believe that:
- All children have the right to be protected from harm
- Children need to be safe and to feel safe in school
- Children need support that matches their individual needs
- All children have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs
- All children must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other
- All children have the right to be supported to meet their emotional, and social needs as well as their educational needs – a happy, healthy, sociable child will achieve better educationally
- Schools can and do contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk taking behaviours
- All adults have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please call 0121 303 1888 or click the link above for further information.
Mr Daniel Rogers Head of School
Mrs Sally-Ann Roberts - Acting Executive Headteacher
Mrs Sarb Masih - Pastoral Manager
Mrs Alice Choudhery - PA to the Head Teacher
Nominated Safeguarding Governor:
Other Useful Documents: